Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Asian Highway 26: Philippines Demo Project
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Promoting Tourism and Culture    TEAM Building Boards    Asian Highway Discussion Forum  ›  Asian Highway 26: Philippines Demo Project
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 4 Guests

Asian Highway 26: Philippines Demo Project  This thread currently has 82,809 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 » All Recommend Thread
October 19, 2011, 3:29pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
Asian Highway 26: Philippines Demo Project

The website is http://www.AsianHighway26.com and is out of the box Joomla with Community Builder installed. Currently the hosting is with http://aws.amazon.com/free/, chosen because of their reputation and scalability.

"To help new AWS customers get started in the cloud, AWS is introducing a free usage tier. New AWS customers will be able to run a free Amazon EC2 Micro Instance for a year, while also leveraging a free usage tier for Amazon S3, Amazon Elastic Block Store, Amazon Elastic Load Balancing, and AWS data transfer. AWS’s free usage tier can be used for anything you want to run in the cloud: launch new applications, test existing applications in the cloud, or simply gain hands-on experience with AWS."

Wikipedia was consulted to obtain a Route log or map identifying the Philippine communities served. On the menu "Popular Places" is a clickable list of these Popular Places one will pass while on the Asian Highway.

Community Builder is installed with the following planned enhancements & restrictions:

1.) Registration is limited to users whose location is listed in the drop down list, City:. While any user could register and not be actually served by the AH26, it is unlikely that tourists will venture off the main road without a compelling reason to do so.

2.) It helps to consider how a dating website operates, by providing information about the person. However to contact the member in the dating site, one must have a paid membership. Here, the plan is to configure a payment option with shopping cart soliciting US $1 for the contact data about anyone offering an approved tourism activity you are interested in.

3.) Clicking onto any "Popular Places" brings up a members database, of all registered users in that location. Citizens are expected to prepare and upload a one minute video presentation, designed to get the tourists to attend his activity or tourist attraction.

4.) The configuration settings will include enough information to allow a virtual traveler to plan an "interesting and unique" vacation experience. This includes dates and times available, and estimated fees being charged.

5.) Front Page Slide Show, available here http://www.frontpageslideshow.net/ is being configured to show different pictures depending upon which "Popular Places" one is visiting. This feature is obviously to encourage advertisers to provide the financial support required to successfully complete the programming of this Demo Project. Another function here is to register the amount of traffic

Under Popular Places we find "Key Local Contacts, which will provide data and links that all travelers to that Popular Place should be aware of.

6.) It is expected that the LGU and local Tourism Stakeholders in that area will participate and be provided an account with username password so that a responsible person may register and update that data as required. It is expected the "Key Local Contacts" will be a page that at the minimum, include links to Hospitals, Post Offices, Transportation Facilities, City Hall, Police, Major News Outlets, and whatever else deemed as "You Need To Know".

7.) As this site gains in popularity there will be an increase in the hosting fees and expenses to maintain it. Therefore it is recommended that each "Popular Places" has its own folder of members and promotional videos. This will permit a billing system to be designed which accurately indicates which Popular Places receive lots of traffic and use. Stakeholder in that area will be solicited to offset the expenses of making all of the data in their folders (Buckets) available to the world.

CURRENT CHALLENGES:

In addition to lacking the financial resources to employ Joomla experts to complete this Philippine Demo Project, consideration must be given to the methods that will win cooperation and marketing assistance from the Philippines Department of Tourism (DOT). This article http://business.inquirer.net/9147/dot-hits-private-tourism-board-concept seems to indicate a lack of willingness to consider Recommendations from the Tourism Congress or the UNESCO proposal that states in part "These countries could join together in promoting tourism under a common tourism banner."

Any common tourism banner of interest to other Asian Highway website developers would likely use a variation of the name "Asian Highway" something. There would be links to the websites of other participants so that when one location advertised "Asian Highway" something, ALL participating websites would receive traffic. This UNESCAP webpage http://www.unescap.org/ttdw/common/tis/ah/tourism%20attractions.asp has the correct format, only the wrong URL. We need one domain to promote, that serves everyone.

What is missing is some slogan that any Asian counry can use in its marketing activities to draw attention to the main website in promoting tourism under a common tourism banner."

A Powerpoint Presentation should be created to and made available to the other potential supporters of this project, after a reliable and working website is completed. Should convincingly display the benefits to be gained by adopting and maybe slightly modifying our Philippines Demo Website.

========================================================

If you have an interest in using Joomla for developing one of our AsianHighway domains, you may PM your request or begin a discussion here.

Anyone wishing to financially support development of this demo project is invited to send funds via paypal to "Mason/AsianHighway26/com".

Revision History (3 edits)
15  -  June 18, 2012, 5:35pm
15  -  October 19, 2011, 4:22pm
spelling errors
15  -  October 19, 2011, 4:16pm
October 26, 2011, 5:49am Report to Moderator
Guest User
E-mail Reply: 1 - 29
November 25, 2011, 10:54am Report to Moderator
Guest User
Joomla With Community Builder or Jomsocial

You will install a demo Tourism related website with most of the functions desired, then we will send an invite to our list for them to comment on what else they think they want the site to do, and how it should be modified. A default Joomla 1.6 is installed at http://go.AsianHighway26.com Several weeks from today, after they have had time to reply to our invites, we will return and ask you to install the improvements requested by the majority of our members.

This is a Philippines travel and tourism related website, designed to allow tourists to select online his desired tourism activities from our list of activities, then search our members database to see who offers those activities he wants, and to contact the people providing those activities, after he pays U.S. $1 for each of the "contact me" tabs data he wants. To make this site "interesting", there should be some rating system available to those who have paid, to rate the service provider. Also, if some calendar can be printed or stored online so the buyer can have a schedule of what Tourism activity he will do and when he will do it, that would be useful. Such an online calendar should show the location he has planned to be visiting, and what he will do at what time. If it can be updated each time he pays U.S. $1, that would be ideal and useful. It would also make him return more often to the website, and maybe buy the "contact me" for more members.

The Philippine people registering their tourism services will upload a one minute (15mb) video, (http://www.joomlart.com/joomla/extensions/ja-amazon-s3) and give basic information about what they offer to tourists. The date and time the user is open for business, and the cost, is available online. The category his tourism activity is in, and if he/she is "accredited" or not. This is free to them. Anyone visiting the website can search to see who is offering what services, and watch the promotional video each member has submitted. No registration is required just to look around.

To prevent junk registrations and outdated members being listed, the developer must make suggestions. Last time logged in by the user, might be a good idea, along with ratings others who paid that user, rating how happy he was with what he received. Maybe bounced emails is another method to verify that the people uploading his profile is still active. Else, each person has a 30-60 day membership which is deleted if not renewed. To renew is as simple as an email confirmation. AEC could be employed for this.  

This site is to have links to the database of members showing up on the main page in each location. So the tourist will click onto a POPULAR PLACES and the members in that location will show up in the COMMUNITY BUILDER. This website is not open to just anyone, it is restricted to those whose address falls inside the locations we have in the registration. You will see those locations listed in the list of POPULAR PLACES.

Another module, located under the POPULAR PLACES, is titled KEY LOCAL CONTACTS, which is an article tied to the location being visited. In that article will be whatever is there, and is managed by a person in that location. So he/she needs access to it, and to only that article if possible. Whenever a new name is listed in a subcategory under POPULAR PLACES, then the KEY LOCAL CONTACTS is to be made available.

As this website starts using bandwidth, the hosting fees will rise. The costs of hosting is paid for by "sponsors", assigned to locations. We need some way, some method to know which locations are receiving lots of traffic, so that the "sponsors" in that location can pay for hosting. How to do this, is for YOU the developer, to know and make happen. Here is information that may solve this, because S3 will show the useage for each bucket. Perhaps we make buckets for each POPULAR PLACE so that bandwidth can be accurately measured and the "sponsor" can pay his fair share.

Features

1.) Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Service) - Amazon S3 provides a simple web services interface that can be used to store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the web.

2.) CloudFront & CDN Support - Amazon CloudFront delivers your static and streaming content using a global network (CDN) of more than 16 locations. Requests for your objects are automatically routed to the nearest edge location, so content is delivered with the best possible performance.

3.) Multiple Buckets Support - Create unlimited buckets for each and / or all media content types, link them all to clouds!

4.) Cron Job Support - Depending on the file types and change frequency, set cron job every day, hour or minute!

5.) Multiple Sync Profiles - Create unlimited profiles to combine settings for various file types & cron job settings, set folders to upload from, explore true power with simple administration interface.

6.) Include / Exclude File Types or Extensions - Select only the file types or extensions you need to be uploaded to Amazon S3.

7.) Enable / Disable Sync for specific files or folders - Select only the most important / accessed files to be uploaded to Amazon S3.

8.) Multiple Amazon S3 Accounts - Each administrator of your website can use his own Amazon S3 Account.

9.) Upload new & update modified files capability - The component is quite capable to detect changes made on the files so it can skip overwriting existing ones.

10) File & Folder ACL System - Set an access level for each of your file or folder.

That FrontPage Slide Show (FPSS) has different images, based upon which location in POPULAR PLACES is currently accessed. Those locations have a folder with the name of the location, so that modifications can be easily made. This is for advertisers to place their image file. If this can be automated, it would not be necessary for the webmaster to do it. But if it can not be automated, the webmaster will always have a job.

COMMUNITY BUILDER TABS
This needs to be configured so that data about the user is available. Only his "CONTACE ME" is not available. It becomes available upon payment of U.S. $1, by whomever is buying it.

SHOPPING CART
It looks as if it would be very ez to add a Google Buy Now image into each of the pages in the members database. All we need is some image to represent the tourism places, and for now since they all have the same cost, this should be easy. But we have not picked any image yet. You can suggest something from images.google.com or any other location.

http://www.joomlart.com/joomla/extensions/ja-amazon-s3

E-mail Reply: 2 - 29
November 25, 2011, 11:33am Report to Moderator
Guest User
Hi,

Thank you for your details. I understand and I think there more feature will added like

1. Currency convertor.

2. Hotel lsit

3. Historical place

4. Advise how the tourist will travel

5. Directions

6. Online help

7. Multilingual option

8. Weather info

Thanks

[url]Rukesh[/url]https://www.odesk.com/users/PH.....&tot=2&pos=0
E-mail Reply: 3 - 29
November 27, 2011, 2:27am Report to Moderator
Guest User
OK Rukesh, great ideas! This is the plan, you tell us how many hours it will require for you to put these into the go.AsianHighway26.com website, and your total fee. I will ask my supervisors to approve that and you can begin Monday - Tuesday if your budget is OK. Check your oDesk and you will see you have been hired.

All other people wanting to make this project a success should post online in this discussion your plans and your proposal, and how much your fee is. This way all will know how transparent and fair this project is to all.
E-mail Reply: 4 - 29
November 28, 2011, 5:07am Report to Moderator
Guest User
Hi,

I need at least total 60hr to add this function on your site and my rate is hourly $8 and yes I dont get any hire notice from odesk also I need server info where I will put this feature.

Thanks
E-mail Reply: 5 - 29
November 28, 2011, 6:53am Report to Moderator
Guest User
Hello,

I have analyzed your site... it will take approximatelly 60-65 hours..

Functionality which you need on your site..

Search system.
Contact me
Rating System
Calender
Registeration(one minute video, basic information)
modules populat places, KEY LOCAL CONTACTS
Community builder.

Thanks
Victor
E-mail Reply: 6 - 29
November 28, 2011, 6:54am Report to Moderator
Guest User
Quoted from 18
Hi,

Thank you for your details. I understand and I think there more feature will added like

1. Currency convertor.

2. Hotel lsit

3. Historical place

4. Advise how the tourist will travel

5. Directions

6. Online help

7. Multilingual option

8. Weather info

Thanks

[url]Rukesh[/url]https://www.odesk.com/users/PH.....&tot=2&pos=0

If you want to add an extension or component for a currency converter (#1) then I think that is great and should be easy to do.
Your #2 Hotel List however, should be in the members database as a category of members.
On the website at http://www.go.AsianHighway26.com it says "Coming Soon! Members Database.... How it works... Residents register free and upload a video telling tourists why they should contact you. Tourists make their travel plans and include YOU if your video (and fee) is interesting."  This means there should be a search function to allow a tourist to search for the types of tourism activities he/she desires. These are a few Sectors of Tourism to consider in the types of members database:
Attractions,
Adventure & Outdoor Recreations,
Food Services
Entertainment
Transportation
Tourism
Accommodations (Hotels, Condominium Apartments, Time Shares, Homestays etc)
Travel Trade
Events
Shopping, Siteseeing, souvineering, exercise, environmental, cultural, ecotourism, scientific expeditions, marine tourism, health & medical related, nature based, ethnic, art & heritage tourism, sea-based, pro-poor, Sports, dark-tourism & even doom tourism.

I think that being able to SEARCH for members in my city who offer what I really want to do, would make my tourism adventure a lot more "interesting". So we should put these sections in the REGISTER so the citizens can figure out where they want to be listed when tourists are searching for something interesting to do.

Also, the cost, and when it is available could be fields added into his profile.

That FPSS could be used for Sponsors, Airlines, Hotels, Mobile Phones, etc. and you are free to submit ideas on it .

Your #3 Historical Places is likely to be something travel or tourism people are offering the tourist? To me, that should be an offering provided by the Philippino people.

4. Advise how the tourist will travel. Again, there is a category for the Transportation Sector where all stakeholders are currently free to use.

5. Directions? I'm not 100% sure I understand this idea, so please be more specific.

6. Online help. For now, on the websites under "POPULAR PLACES" you see a link to "Key Local Contacts". On this page is a link to hospitals, government offices, police, important news and what ever else the person responsible for managing that link, whatever else he/she thinks is important for tourists to know. There should be a person able to login to his location, and update that data as necessary. We don't know yet today who will do that task. But he should be able to do it after he accepts the job.

7. Multilingual option. English & Tagalog are the major languages here in the Philippines. A service provider COULD post his promo video in any language he/she desires. If you are suggesting the tourist can click a link to select which video language he desires, that becomes a programming issue that can be resolved. Are you interested in doing this? Or did your question mean you may want to translate the entire website into various languages? If yes, I believe there are plenty of plugins available that may be used. Good idea!

8. Weather info. In my opinion, as a tourist, this would not assist me in planning my tourist vacation in your location. Why? Because before I leave my country to visit yours, I will go online and plan my vacation, where I'll go, what I'll do, how much time I'll do that, and whatever else your website assists me to do. This may be MONTHS before I actually get to your country, so knowing the weather TODAY is not very important. But others reading this post may have another idea so let's see what they say.
E-mail Reply: 7 - 29
November 29, 2011, 12:06pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
From Victor via Skype:

[11/27/2011 2:59:29 PM] kcpa-tv.com: Please attatch here your worksheet, showing how many hours each section of your proposal will require. I need to look at it and be sure how I'm spending this money.
[11/27/2011 3:01:07 PM] kcpa-tv.com: Especially I need to see modules populat places, KEY LOCAL CONTACTS
[11/27/2011 3:01:22 PM] PHP -OSVIN Web Solutions: I am sending here
[11/27/2011 3:04:58 PM] PHP -OSVIN Web Solutions: Contcat me  -->12 hours
[11/27/2011 3:05:18 PM] PHP -OSVIN Web Solutions: search as you need --->8 hours
[11/27/2011 3:05:31 PM] PHP -OSVIN Web Solutions: rating system-->10 hours
[11/27/2011 3:05:40 PM] PHP -OSVIN Web Solutions: calendar-->10 hours
[11/27/2011 3:06:17 PM] PHP -OSVIN Web Solutions: all registeration things like basic info and one minute video --?15 hours
[11/27/2011 3:06:39 PM] PHP -OSVIN Web Solutions: both of modules will take 12 hours

Skype Name: php.ows  http://www.osvin.com  
==========================================================
E-mail Reply: 8 - 29
November 30, 2011, 1:20pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
Hi,

Funny estimation

[11/27/2011 3:01:07 PM] kcpa-tv.com: Especially I need to see modules populat places, KEY LOCAL CONTACTS
[11/27/2011 3:01:22 PM] PHP -OSVIN Web Solutions: I am sending here
[11/27/2011 3:04:58 PM] PHP -OSVIN Web Solutions: Contcat me  -->12 hours---->> My estimation 1hr

[11/27/2011 3:05:18 PM] PHP -OSVIN Web Solutions: search as you need --->8 hours----->> 4hr

[11/27/2011 3:05:31 PM] PHP -OSVIN Web Solutions: rating system-->10 hours----->>  2hr

[11/27/2011 3:05:40 PM] PHP -OSVIN Web Solutions: calendar-->10 hours ----->> 6hr

[11/27/2011 3:06:17 PM] PHP -OSVIN Web Solutions: all registeration things like basic info and one minute video --?15 hours----->>ok

[11/27/2011 3:06:39 PM] PHP -OSVIN Web Solutions: both of modules will take 12 hours------>> dont Understand
E-mail Reply: 9 - 29
December 12, 2011, 12:08pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
The database at http://www.AsianHighway26.com was not properly configured, and was loading after almost one minute. Also, it was costing almost $8.50/month in fees, so it was cancelled on Amazon. It will be re-installed in a new account, in about 2-3 weeks. This is because Mason is traveling into Davao Philippines, and does not have the database with him, and he will not return until near the end of December. Hope this will not cause problems with anyone on this project.
E-mail Reply: 10 - 29
December 22, 2011, 2:45am Report to Moderator
Guest User
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan-Philippine_Highway

Route for the Popular Places Menu Links

Laoag City - Tuguegarao
Cagayan Valley Road: Cagayan - Isabela - Nueva Vizcaya - Nueva Ecija - Bulacan
Doña Remedios Trinidad Road: Baliuag - Pulilan
MacArthur Highway: Guiguinto - Valenzuela - Caloocan
Rizal Avenue: Caloocan - Manila
Ronquillo and Bustos Streets: Plaza Carriedo
Plaza Sta. Cruz
Padre Burgos Avenue
Taft Avenue: Manila - Pasay
Redemptorist Road: Pasay - Parañaque
Quirino Highway: Parañaque - Las Piñas
Alabang-Zapote Road
National Highway: Muntinlupa - Calamba
Calamba - Batangas - Laguna - Quezon - Camarines Norte - Camarines Sur - Albay - Sorsogon
Ferry from Matnog to Northern Samar
Northern Samar - Samar - Leyte - Southern Leyte
Ferry from Southern Leyte to Surigao del Norte
Surigao del Norte - Surigao del Sur - Agusan del Sur - Compostela Valley - Davao del Norte - Davao City - Davao del Sur - South Cotabato - Sultan Kudarat - Maguindanao - Lanao del Sur - Lanao del Norte - Zamboanga del Sur - Zamboanga City

Here are the "Popular Places" to be added into the Menu, each location will have a link
E-mail Reply: 11 - 29
December 23, 2011, 8:04am Report to Moderator
Guest User
From Wikipedia, here is what appears on the Menu, and what comes 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. Each of these names requires a link and each of these names is required when a user wants to register into the CB database. If the user does not live in one of these locations, he/she is not allowed to register to post his/her profile and video. So when configuring the CB database, these must be considered in the Users Address Locations.

Maharlika Highway

Further information, Pan-Philippine Highway
The Maharlika Highway, or in English, Pan-Philippine Highway, also known as Daang Maharlika, connects Laoag City in Luzon with Zamboanga City in Mindanao. The Maharlika Highway commences from Laoag City then skirts rightward toward Pagudpud and the Claveria coast towards Cagayan, then right again, towards Tuguegarao City, the capital of Cagayan province. The Highway then goes fairly straight, passing through the provinces of Isabela, Nueva Vizcaya, Nueva Ecija, and Bulacan, where, in the area near Guiguinto, it merges with the Manila North Road, then route to Metro Manila. In Metro Manila, the highway passes through Rizal Avenue, Plaza Carriedo, Padre Burgos Avenue, then to Taft Avenue. From Taft Avenue, they highway passes through Redemptorist Road, then continues leftward through Quirino Highway until Las Piñas City, where it turns leftward toward the Alabang-Zapote Road, crosses the South Luzon Expressway, then continues on as National Highway towards Laguna province. In Calamba City, it turns left toward Batangas province, then again, in San Pablo City, turns rightward toward Quezon province. It passes through Quezon, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Albay, and Sorsogon provinces. It ends in Matnog town, Sorsogon, then through ferry, goes straight through the Samar and Leyte provinces, then a ferry is again passed, to the island of Mindanao. In Mindanao, it passes through the provinces of Surigao del Norte, Agusan, Davao, Davao del Sur, South Cotabato, Sultan Kudarat, Maguindanao, Lanao del Sur, Lanao del Norte, and Zamboanga del Sur, where it ends.
E-mail Reply: 12 - 29
January 23, 2012, 9:07am Report to Moderator
Guest User
http://cbadvancedsearch.com/  This advanced searching script was purchased and installed on the test site provided by our sponsor KCPA-TV, over on their site at http://ah26.kcpa-tv.com  Here listed below is the correct order for the Popular Places, and the correct places one must have in his/her address in order to be allowed to register and post a profile:
Laoag City, Pagudpud- Saud Beach, Claveria Coast, Tuguegarao City, Isabela Province, Nueva Vizcaya, Nueva Ecija, Bulacan Province, Guiguinto, MNL North Road, Rizal Avenue, Plaza Carriedo, Padre Burgos Ave, Taft Ave, Redemptionist Rd, Quirino Hwy, Las Pinas City, Alabang-Zapote Rd., National Highway, Laguna Province, Calamba City, Batangas Province, San Pablo City, Quezon Province, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Albay Province, Sarsogon Province, Samar Province, Leyte Province, Surigao Del Norte, Agusan Davao, Davao del Sur, South Cotabato, Sultan Kudarat, Maguindanao, Lanao del Sur, Lanao del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur
E-mail Reply: 13 - 29
January 23, 2012, 9:31am Report to Moderator
Guest User
http://cbadvancedsearch.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Maharlika_Highway_map.png

GOALS & OBJECTIVES:
  • Cause visitors to play with searching for unique tourism experiences.
    Provide categories to select (one only selected).
    Provide a list of links in each Popular Places,
    click the link for the promo video, Add-to-Cart button,
    where upon purchase you receive mobile phone numbers, emails & FB for the registered member.

SAMPLE OUTPUT:
Listed from top of map down to bottom of map, correct sequence (each location has unique ID, and force the software to place in that order. Can we include the Map image, or show only the list of Popular Places from Laoag to Zamboanga?

Show output locations from BEGIN location to END location (must be in proper order).

SAMPLE LAYOUT:
TITLE: WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO?

Here we list all the various types of tourism activities

TITLE: WHERE DO YOU WANT TO DO THIS?

Here is the #of results, listed by location they selected, in correct order. Click the link in that location to see the profiles of all people in that location offering that tourism activity.
E-mail Reply: 14 - 29
2 Pages 1 2 » All Recommend Thread
Print

Promoting Tourism and Culture    TEAM Building Boards    Asian Highway Discussion Forum  ›  Asian Highway 26: Philippines Demo Project

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread